The programme will cover all major areas of the technology and science of metal forming, including:
- Forming processes – from unprecedented innovations to extensions to today’s industrial practice
- Materials characterisation and testing – from the most familiar to the newest materials at multiple scales, temperatures, and to the limits of deformation
- Surfaces – the latest science and newest practice in lubrication, tribology and wear
- Simulation – the prediction of process behaviour, from the finest detail to the fastest calculation
- Control – of temperature, properties, energy and the efficiency of the whole forming supply chain.